Saturday, January 15, 2011

day two: a favorite movie

i'm a sucker for old movies. 
anything that's boy meets girl and pre 1980's is my kinda film.
i love the fashion and i love how girls were back then. they were ladies, always sweet & gentle. gosh!
my favorite movie of all time is... dun duh-daaa!
the original Gidget staring Sandra Dee.
Francie is the funniest girl-not-yet-a-woman in the world, with barely any street smarts.
 but she can play the cello. cool.
anyway, she takes up surfing one summer. just her and a beach-shack full of boys. 
they don't let her into the gang at first, cause she's not a surfer & not exactly a bodacious babe, yet. 
so she practices. and practices. and practices.
soooo cute right!?

so she gets way good at surfing. and they start calling her Gidget.
 {girl + midget = gidget. get it? adorable!}

through the movie, Francie learns what it really is to be a woman. 
& i did too. i loved this movie when i was tweenaged, it taught me what a real woman should be.

oh & there's eye candy. he goes by the name moondoggie
{makes you want to melt, right!?}


swoon. 
check it out here. at least watch the opening song, it makes me want to get married all over again.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was totally only going to "check it out" and see what the general idea was, but you hooked me!! Why couldn't anyone have showed me this movie back when I was tweenaged? So stinkin' cute! Plus I adore surfing, and a good story. Swoon x 1000!

Kindra said...

Oh my gosh no way. I LOVE THIS MOVIE! I love the part where shes' doing a work out to make her boobs bigger. hilarious. any who. I like you even more now :)

donna said...

it's one of my favorites too! i love the orange dress she wears to the luau and always swoon when moondoggie sings (funny how he's the only one)

Bravo Bentley said...

SERIOUSLY ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAAAAVYS!!! LOVE YOUR SENSE OF STYLE LAUREN

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...