Monday, February 06, 2012

Wedding Review

happy Year &1/2 to us!!
to commemorate mine and travis' year and a half anniversary, i decided to do a wedding review post. if you ever happened to have any questions about our wedding, ever, here are the answers.

color
officially, my colors were pink & yellow. but, i used mismatched fabrics & patterns to give my wedding a more personal feel. i never like to feel confined to a color scheme {smile}
weddingcolors

dress
for our wedding, i never put myself through the stress of finding the "perfect dress". i looked through what david's bridal had to offer, tried on the two thousand dollar dresses, and grew attached to a lot of them. but i just could not get over that i'd be paying so much for a dress i'd wear only once. for a girl who gets all of her clothes from thrift stores or garbage bags that people want to throw out, the idea just did not fly with me. 

i found my dress via craigslist for $150. 
the lady we bought it from was a smoker so, the dress smelled unpleasant for a while... but when i tried it on in her smoky little house, it was a perfect fit. it didn't even need hemming! which is saying something, since i'm only 5'1". i took it as a sign.
weddingdress
weddingdress

bouquet
i made my bouquet. i am in love with flowers, but flowers die. i liked the idea of being able to keep my bouquet forever, without it being tucked away in a box at the bottom of a closet. instead, i handcrafted a billion little brooches and pendants, all of which could be individually un-pinned from my bouquet, and worn today as hair flowers or brooches. 
i am a smart cookie.
weddingbouquet
weddingbouquet

wedding party
only a few of trav's groomsmen could make it down to arizona for the wedding. because of that, and because of that whole i-probably-shouldn't-have-17-bridesmaids-when-you-only-have-four-groomsmen type-o-thing, we had a more intimate wedding party than we originally planned. 
the girls dresses are from downeast, with an added sash & brooch made by me, 
and the men's shtuff are all from Men's Warehouse.
weddingparty
weddingparty
weddingparty
weddingparty
weddingparty

ceremony
our temple sealing, by far, was the most beautiful & special part of our marriage to date. in reality, i didn't need the fancy dress, the yummy cake or the tumults of guests to make august 6th 2010 the most perfect day; i only needed my handsome man and the eternal sealing powers of the gospel. 
read more about our sealing here

weddingceremony
weddingceremony
weddingceremony

reception
when i was a little girl, i used to dream & dream about having my wedding in the cultural hall of the church. 
which, is probably weird, since the cultural hall isn't exactly the most glorious place ever. maybe it's the interior designer in me, but i always loved the thought of taking such an ordinary space and turning it in to something completely beautiful. 
and, i think that's what we accomplished!
Sandy Hestand helped provide most of the shtuff for the reception, including the lighting & all of the flowers. the unique dressers we used for the food banquets were borrowed from Blossom Salon & Boutique in downtown Mesa, my favorite little shop in the history of ever. 
reception
reception

reception

reception

reception

reception

reception
the Young Womens program has a special place in my heart. ever since i became a laurel, i sort of became their mom. i deeply wanted to include my girls into our wedding somehow, so i whipped up a few aprons for them and asked them to be my wedding waitresses! it meant so much to me that they were willing to help.
reception

hair & make up
a cute chick from my home ward did my hair, i was going for an asymmetrical t-swift do.
my hair flower was made by my main girl candace at peace republic clothing,
and i did my make up while in the car, driving to the temple
i guess i can't be fabulous all the time, lol.
hairrrrandshtuff

photography
Annie Randall was our wedding photographer, and ohmygosh she was the most perfect thing we could have hoped for. she is an adorable little ball of talent, and i highly recommend her if you ever need to photograph anything. She got all of out photos to us the next day & every image was gorgeous enough to be on the cover of a magazine. in fact, one did end up on the cover of a magazine. huh. 
see our bridal sesh here
photography
photography
photography

tables
for the most part, the small decor items at our reception came from my bedroom at home. 
i was all over the bird cages and the glass bottles and vintage candles. however, i've noticed my style beginning to evolve. maybe i'm growing up?
weird.
tables
tables
tables

cake
i was madly in love with my cake. traditional cakes are cool, but cupcakes are so much cuter & user friendly. i stuffed daisies in the bare spaces & voila! a non-traditional traditional. 
& it tasted dang good too.
cakeeee
cakeeee
cakeeee
cakeeee
cakeeee

garter toss
my twin brother caught the garter at out wedding. it is equal parts funny & awkward.
read about the bouquet toss here.
gartertoss
gartertoss
gartertoss
gartertoss

dancing
Mine & Trav's song is Let's Get Married by Archie Starr. A little nontraditional, but that's us.
With my daddy, we danced to Silly Love Songs by Paul McCartney. Which, we learned, is an extremely long song.

As for the rest of the night, I really wanted our wedding to be fun. So, it turned into a dance party instead of a bunch of ballads in a row. it was too perfect.
dancing
dancing
dancing
dancing
dancing
dancing
dancing
dancing

the groom
the man. my man. on our wedding day, i honestly thought i knew him better than anything.
boy, was i wrong. i've learned so much more about him in the past year & a half than i thought was possible. 
like, if he ever sleeps in past 10am, he's too tired to do anything for the rest of the day.
and he's meticulous about his teeth. floss, brush, mouth wash, the works. 
he always gets the same look on his face when he's angry. it's a "how the heck is this even happening?" face. 
and, he talks to himself when he works on the TV, under the kitchen sink, under the hood of the truck, etc. 

i can't wait till a year and a half from now, all of the other things i'll learn about him. 
i still feel like we are such babies.
traviswhiting

etc.
my only regret about our wedding, was that pinterest wasn't around to help me plan it. 
i feel like that is the biggest jip.
but, everything else was beautiful. i can't complain.
parentals

xo lauren

17 comments:

Alexa Zurcher said...

this is so darn cute.
i'm in love with all the details! :)

Anonymous said...

Great photos!

Madison said...

I have goosebumps :)
I loved everything about this. your dress was so beautiful and unique. The color scheme was perfect. You two are adorable.

Irene said...

lauren this day had a lot of great memories! i like your dress and the fact that i didn't cost 2000 dollars! I'm all about that, but I find sooo many things about my guy... I mean, I'm all about vintage and old stuff reused and he's all about new stuff!! hahahah

... said...

what a gorgeous gorgeous wedding! You looked so beautiful and I adore your hair with the flower! :) One pretty bride!

Jennie said...

I die. You had the most adorable reception EVARRR, and that deserved to be spelled wrong. Ha!

sherri said...

You're such a pretty bride! Congrats! And I love how you decorated the chapel!

sherri

www.sherriamour.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

i feel like we have so many of the same wedding pictures! not that they're uncommon shots or anything (parents kissing while bride and groom kiss, groomsmen pickign up bride, etc). Today is our 6 months which means a year from now, when you're celebrating your 2.5 we'll be celebrating what you are now....congrast 1.5 - and glad i found your blog!
-elisabeth
ps. you made a gorgeous bride!

jessica said...

Gorgeous photos! I love your colors and your dress!!! And that last picture is so adorable. Looks like you had an amazing wedding!

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

this is a fantastic post! your wedding was adorable!
-wHiT

Meredith Sledge said...

I'm in love with the sixth picture down from the top of the bride leaning up against the blue wagon/horse carriage thing. I LOVE IT. Beautiful.

Courtney said...

I can't get over how you found the most beautiful dress for so cheap! You look so gorgeous in all your photos.

Kate said...

Ok, your blog just always makes me smile!!!

Kiara Jeleen said...

vintage vintage vintage! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

McKenzie said...

absolutely GORGEOUS!! what a perfect wedding, perfect day, and perfect couple!! *siiiigh!*

<3
Kenzie

Sierra ShaneĆ” said...

Seriously. The cutest wedding I've ever seen...er, looked at pictures of.

Lauren Rebecca said...

Great wedding pics. I love the string lighting at your reception! And very unique bouquet....New follower..

Another Lauren :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...