Monday, May 16, 2011

country-fried-anything


i made curtains this weekend!
it may be lame but, i always feel a lot cooler than i am whenever i bust out my sewing machine.
it makes it that much easier to pretend i'm a cute, smart, fabulous little housewife {the ultimate goal, after all}.

also, i made country fried chicken for sunday dinner yesterday.
i thought it was hilarious because, in my house we were not country fried eaters.
our idea for a meal was potatoes from a box, meat from a box, vegetables from a can-- you get the idea.
but not any more! cowboys will eat country-fried-anything and, being married to a cowboy, i am learning to make practically everything from scrap.
it's a huge step, people.

* i get most of my recipes from The Pioneer Woman cookbook*

3 comments:

hmmm said...

How cute are those curtains!!!! Nice work.

Unknown said...

I love the curtains you sewed! The print and color are fabulous! I just bought a bunch of fabric for curtains too, now I just need to convince myself to sew house stuff instead of clothes for a bit!

Natasha ~ Required2BeInspired

Amanda said...

ohhhh i looooove them!!! I recently painted my curtains. Yes, painted. lol Everyone doubted me and I felt like a huge nerd about how excited I was, but they turned out fabulous!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...